Monday, November 7, 2011

Anointing JOY!


When I see this pic of Faith my mind quickly goes to the account of Mary of Bethany when she came in and anointed Jesus' feet with oil, washed them with her tears & dried them with her hair.


She was not letting go…she was not ashamed. She had nothing and then found everything the moment He touched her life and freed her from all that tormented her. I see my daughters face and see a reflection of joy that Mary must have had that day and following as she never left His presence.


What is our emotion like? Our….countinence? In circumstances that torment, consume, overwhelm do we come to His feet and drop our tears and see a reflection of joy in them that only Christ can bring in the midst of them; or do we turn into ourselves or lash out at the world and those closest to us and throw our tears of pain at them in anger and anguish.


Now, I am not saying that we are not supposed to go to one another and that we are not to "support and encourage" one another as we are called to do that.

1 Thess. 5:11, Hebrews 10:23ff


What I am asking is do we forget that there is a Savior we SHOULD go to first, fall at His feet and find solace in the midst of painful storms in our lives?


Where are you at today...what are you "anointing"?


John 12:3

Isaiah 66:13


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was just what I needed today...I am at His Feet..He knows all things and I am trusting Him to come through for us...Thank you for your obedience in posting this. I love you.