Thursday, February 23, 2012

Grasping...understanding...blessed....learning through JOY


by Angel Thompson on Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 9:09pm ·

2.20.2012

We were not created to die. When God created, made this world, the garden, man....it was for eternity. Sin enters and all changes. Sickness, death, uncertainty, famine, loss....all is meaningless, we are but wind, a puff of smoke, grass that grows, withers and dies. What hope does one have if the very thing you were created for was swept away in a mouthful of fruit? Christ. His death made it possible to have life a new....an everlasting life where there will be no sickness, death, uncertainty, loss....In Him there is meaning and hope. As my friend struggles each moment for breath and my mind tries to wrap around what is happening I cling to the hope of knowing she is new in HIM and will have a new body breathing in HIS amazing fragrance. Oh My JESUS bring comfort, peace, rest and understanding.

2.22.2012

Rambling thoughts to my Jesus and just in my head. Not sure how many of you have had long friendships or short...yet when you meet another believer it is as though your friendship never began or started...it just....was. This is how it is with my friend Joy. Not only is that a bond of being Sisters in Christ, but we are mothers of children with Autism. I have known Joy since August of this year when I was honored to meet her to advocate for her son. My friend is dying of cancer...I miss her texts, the bantering we did back and forth. I will admit I am selfish as I talk with God about allowing her to wake and be healed....as I know He can, yet His plans are something I am not privileged to see.

Oh Lord, forgive me for my selfishness. Even as an adult it is so hard for me to grasp it all.

For my friends family, Matt and I are praying for comfort as they sit with her day and night. You all are amazing....Joy is a fighter and I see you all have the same qualities.

Just my thoughts of tonight. Bring peace to Joy and her family.

FEBRUARY 22, 2012 @ 10:44PM my dear friend walked over the threshold of Heaven into Jesus' sweet fragrance!

I HAD THE HONOR: My August meeting of JOY.

No comments: